After letting this blog lay dormant for literally years, I noticed yesterday that there’s still a link to it from my Twitter profile, so I figured that I might as well get some use out of it. Anyone who’s a friend or follower of mine on Facebook can attest that over those years I definitely haven’t been shy about sharing my views; Facebook, however, often isn’t the best venue to have actual discussions about matters of substance. So, I’ll still continue being my same old opinionated self there, but linking to longer thoughts here on the blog. (Yes, I know, Facebook has the “notes” feature, but it’s been neglected by their developers for years, and just isn’t up to where the better blogging tools on the Web–wordpress, typepad, etc.–are.) In the meantime, I’ll keep looking for ways to link my social media presences (Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, Academia.edu, etc.) to maximize the capabilities of all of them in order to facilitate the best possible conversations about the thoughts that I post.
September 2014 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Blog resurrection
- Eight reasons why one nasty chant isn’t all that’s wrong with with Dr. Laura’s rant
- Bernstein’s Hegelian analysis of the Tea Party movement
- NEWSFLASH: Wall Street Journal conflates right wing ideology with “basic economics”
- On Hypostatization
- Chris Hedges has no use for religion.
- A Unique Response to Frank Jackson’s Knowledge Argument Against Physicalism
- For CBS, False Consciousness Translates to Monster Ratings
- Speaking of Absolute Garbage from Christianity Today …
- Jennifer Knapp Comes Out …